Randy Smith, Ph.D.
Dr. Smith joined our group part-time in 2010. Since 1994 Dr. Smith has practiced as a licensed psychologist in Texas, working with children and families in Dallas. After seven years as a community mental health provider, he began working for the Texas Youth Commission as a Director of Clinical Services, starting in 2000. The majority of his ten years at TYC was spent at the primary treatment center, providing treatment for emotionally disturbed youth in the state of Texas. As a result of his experience, he is uniquely qualified in both the juvenile justice and mental health systems in Texas. Because the educational system is intricately connected to both of these institutions, he also has a unique insight into the operations of the primary organizations that interact with children and adolescents. Dr. Smith has three decades of mental health service and is an active member of his local community. Dr. Smith is able to provide the following services:
Child & Adolescent Assessment & Counseling
Adult Assessment & Counseling
Employment related Assessment Services:
- Evaluations required in order to receive American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA) Services from a school or employer.
- Evaluation of individuals applying for Disability or Social Security Benefits on the basis of emotional or mental disability.
- Evaluation of individuals seeking Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- Pre-employment evaluations for public safety personnel.
- Psychological fitness-for-duty evaluations for public safety personnel who have experienced a critical incident, such as the use of lethal force, job-related injury, or the injury or death of a partner.
- Out-of-company assessment services for individuals referred by their Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for issues such as substance abuse, family problems and emotional issues that impact job performance.